Just some quick information and a few updates…
Quiz 1 Info
Here’s some information on what the quiz will cover, how it will be administered, etc.
- Quiz 1 is scheduled for Monday, June 9 (9:05 – 9:55).
- We’ll be doing the quiz live over Zoom (the meeting link is on our Lectures page).
- The quiz will be worth 15 points (you can see how that fits into our total course points on the Grading section at the bottom of our About page).
- It will cover all of our lectures so far (cell injury, inflammation, and tissue repair).
- We’ll be using Kahoot to administer the quiz (much like the exam reviews we did in Histology). I’ll give you about a minute and a half for each question, and then after each question, I’ll explain why it’s right or wrong, and take any questions you guys may have.
- You’ll be able to use your notes and talk to each other about the questions.
- For grading purposes, I’ll have you use your x500 when you sign into Kahoot; that way I’ll know who you are and be able to export the grades into Canvas.
That’s all the info I can think of…let me know if you have questions!
Zoom Office Hours
One thing (among many!) that I miss about our in-person lectures is that I don’t get to talk to you guys! I miss saying hi and chatting before class, and I also miss having the opportunity to answer questions after class.
So to make up for that, I’m going to schedule an optional Zoom meeting at the same time as our online lectures (so as not to disrupt your schedule or fill up your lunch hour). I’ll just keep the meeting open, and if you have any questions, or just want to chat, you can join.
I’m calling these sessions “Zoom office hours” so they don’t sound like required meetings. Zoom links will be located next to each lecture on our Lecture page (I’ve got one up so far – the rest will be up soon!).
Some of you mentioned that it would be nice to have the option to change the playback speed on our videos. I agree! WordPress videos don’t have that function – but YouTube does, so I’m uploading our videos to YouTube.
Let me know if you run into any issues with the YouTube versions of our videos!