In our exam review session, I mentioned that I had spoken with the people at Ten Percent Happier, and was able to get you guys a free 6-month subscription to their app, which is AMAZING. I want to help you guys as much as possible to deal with the stress of dental school in healthy ways – and I think these guys teach meditation in a very accessible, easy, do-able way.
I was hoping to get this to you last week, but then I got sick, and wasn’t even up to sitting at the computer – so unfortunately it’s coming at a very late date here. But maybe it’s good in a way, as you’ll have some extra time coming up to play with it a bit and see how you might integrate it into your day 🙂
I think that a meditation practice, no matter how brief or small (even 1 minute a day) can be so potentially life-changing that I’m giving everyone 10 points extra credit for giving it a shot. I trust you, so no need to email me or anything.
You can do this at any time – I know you’re super busy studying for finals so if you want to wait until that’s over that’s fine!
Here’s what to do to get started.
1. Redeem your free 6-month subscription to the Ten Percent Happier app
- Open UMNDENTISTRY to get to the gift redemption page on the TPH website.
- If you’re a new user, register an account.
- If you have an account, tap Sign In at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Redeem on the next page.
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and sign in the same way you did to redeem your code.
2. Watch this short video in which Dan Harris talks about why meditation is useful.
3. Go through the Basics I course.
People who complete this course at the beginning of their experience are 10 times more likely to continue on to develop a practice! The course is very short (just a few minutes a day for 7 days) – so it’s doable. You can find it under the “Courses” tab on the app.
4. Let me know if you have any questions!
If you’re wondering why I think this is important, or if you’re having any issues with the app, or anything else – just drop me a quick email!