There are still a few of you who haven’t answered the questions on the Substance Use Disorder lecture (you can find them here). I’ll keep the form open until tonight at midnight to give you a little more time to complete them (they’re really pretty quick, and you’ll get 10 points – so might as well!). The 10 points, by the way, are included in the total points for the course (they’re not extra credit points).
Here are the details for our final exam!
- It will be open all day on Wednesday, December 16th (from 12:01 am until 11:59 pm). You’ll have 2 hours to complete the exam once you start it.
2. There will be 32 questions, with the following spread:
- Endocrine: 10 questions
- Skin: 5 questions
- Neuro: 8 questions
- Bone/joint/muscle: 9 questions
3. It will be a proctored exam.
4. The password is Almostdone1.
Let me know if you have any questions! I’ll be checking email frequently today and tomorrow 🙂
Just a few housekeeping items:
- I finally got caught up on entering grades into Canvas last night – please take a quick look and be sure that everything looks okay to you. Looking good going into the final!!
- Speaking of the final, I’ll be creating a list of learning objectives for the exam, just like I did for Exam 2.
- I’m putting the final together now, and once I’m done, I’ll let you know how many points there will be, and also the number of questions per lecture. The other details will be like our previous exams: you’ll have a 24 hour window to take the exam, once you start you’ll have two hours to complete it, and it will be proctored (well, that didn’t work so well on our other exams, but I’m working with IT to get it right this time!).
- Finally: there will be no questions on the Substance Use Disorder lecture on the final, because the material just doesn’t lend itself well to multiple choice questions. So instead, I wrote some short-answer questions for you to go through (see this post for more info). These are worth 10 points.
I think that’s it! Please let me know if you have any questions.
The lecture video I posted for Monday’s neuropath lecture didn’t go all the way to the end of the slides…it stopped on slide 73. I’m sorry! I thought I had watched the video to the end but clearly I didn’t.
Turns out that last year, Mediasite didn’t record the lecture that wrapped up the rest of the neuro slides. I threw a little fit, alone, in front of my computer. Then I went back to the 2018 Mediasite recordings and found the remaining lecture video footage for neuropath. It’s in two clips – one just covers two slides (apparently I talked a little faster in 2018, because I was able to get to slide 75 before class ended), and the other covers slides 76 – 92.
I apologize for missing this! I posted the two video clips on our Lectures page.
Here is a new WORKING zoom link for our quiz right now:
It was brought to my attention that the ppt posted for the endocrine lectures has a lot more detail than the ppt used in the lecture videos. I apologize for that! I thought I had posted the correct one – but I actually posted one from a previous year that had much more detail.
For the exam, I will ONLY be testing you on material covered in the lecture videos.
I will find the ppt that matches the video lectures and post that asap, so that you don’t have to mess with an old ppt that doesn’t match the lectures.
I apologize for the confusion! Thanks for your patience.
Please let me know if you have questions on this or anything else.
Here’s the link for our office hours session that’s going on right now; please drop me an email if you’re having trouble logging in.
The exam is uploaded into Examsoft and you should be able to download it now. The password is Moresnow2020. I’ll monitor my email tomorrow – let me know if you run into any problems!
Here are the Exam 2 Learning Objectives in Word format, in case you want to fill them out right within the document 🙂